HPIC is the charity of choice in Canada for the healthcare industry’s gift-in-kind donations.
Donor companies trust the organization because HPIC:
- Has a Health Canada Establishment Licence
- Is able to track products and handle a recall
- Works according to the principles set forth in the World Health Organization’s Guidelines for Medicine Donations
- Can quickly mobilize medical relief from Canada to respond to emergencies
- Handles the donated medicines with great care and professionalism
- Has a global network of partners
- Is part of a coordinated Canadian response to health needs in the developing world
- Saves time and money for companies
- Is a natural fit for healthcare companies’ Corporate Social Responsibility strategies
- Offers a great story to motivate and retain employees, and to share with stakeholders.
For close to three decades, HPIC has built its network of pharmaceutical and hospital supply donor companies. Many of our donors are members of one of the following industry associations:
Canadian Generic Pharmaceutical Association
Consumer Health Products Canada
Innovative Medicines Canada
2016 Top donors of medicine:
Teva Canada Limited
Johnson & Johnson
Other donors of medicine in 2016:
Astellas Pharma Canada, Inc.
Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd.
Gilead Sciences Canada Inc.