- Log in to Canada Helps at www.canadahelps.org and create an account
- In the dropdown box choose option 12)Contribution for a humanitarian medical kit.
- Go to Create a Fundraising Page (https://www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/page/new/) Select: (HPIC) Health Partners International of Canada as your charity
- Name your fundraiser: Humanitarian Medical Kit(s) for X (country you are travelling to)
- Invite your friends, family and community to support your goal through direct communication
and in-person as well as social medial and email.
- Set your goal ($ amount), dates of your campaign and tell your story.
Sample fundraising text about the Humanitarian Medical Kit:
Your fundraising story sample:
Say something about your project, the organization you are travelling with or helping out, and the people you are helping. Tell us what this means to you in a few short sentences.
Then say something about the Humanitarian Medical Kits:
I plan on bringing a Humanitarian Medical Kit, which is like a portable pharmacy filled with essential medicines and medical supplies. Each kit can provide 600 treatments. Many partners of HPIC say that the kits make their humanitarian health projects worthwhile by providing the needed treatments.
Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) equips Canadian volunteers on health and humanitarian projects in vulnerable communities around the world. HPIC is licensed by Health Canada to handle donated medicines and medical supplies. HPIC requires that project partners co-fund their kits to be accountable and help cover some of the costs. A single kit is valued at around $5,000 and HPIC requests a contribution of $675 per kit from partners and fundraises the rest to cover operating costs.
Summary description sample:
Help me cover the requested donation to carry a Humanitarian Medical Kit (like a
portable pharmacy) to (country you are travelling to).