Begin at the foot and knit a rectangle, (some use 4 needles which does away having to sew up the back when you have completed your doll) and change yarn colours for each body segment. The head is stuffed and the neck formed by pulling in a thread. The arms and legs are defined by stitching through all layers after the doll is stuffed. The number of rows in each part of the doll can be increased or decreased depending on the individual design. Finished, the height of each doll is approx. 5 inches.
- Small quantities of Sayelle or similar weight yarn
- 1 pair of 2.25 mm needles or maybe larger depending on wool
- Tapestry needle
- Polyester fiberfill
As we ship to many countries around the world, using different tones and shades of wool for the face is appreciated.
- Work in stocking stitch throughout
- Cast on 32 Sts (if using four needles, cast on 33 stitches 3 X 11)
- Work four rows for feet – change yarn
- Work 14 rows for pants – change yarn
- Work 12 rows for sweater – change yarn
- Work 8 rows for face – change yarn
- Work 11 rows for hat as follows:
- Row 1 – 4: Work evenly in stocking stitch
- Row 5: Decrease 5 Sts evenly in stocking stitch across row
- Rows 6, 8 and 10: Knit across row in stocking stitch
- Row 7: Decrease 5 Sts evenly across row
- Row 9: Decrease 5 Sts evenly across row (17 Sts)
- Row 11: (K.1, K2 together) 9 times
- Draw yarn through remaining Sts and pull up.
- Sew sides together to form a centre back seam (if using two needles).
- Stuff head. Weave a strand of matching yarn across the first face row.
- Draw up to form neck and secure ends.
- Repeat for body, drawing in at the ankles – Stuff.
- Stuff feet and sew up bottom.
- With matching yarn, form arms with tiny backstitches through all layers
- from waist to 2 rows beneath the neck.
- Define the legs in same way from bottom to a little below the waistline.
- Embroider hair and facial features as desired.
Use your imagination to finish.
* as we ship to many countries around the world, using different tones and shades of wool for the face is appreciated
Mail or drop off your Izzy Dolls:
2907 Portland Drive
Oakville, ON L6H 5S4